What We Do
“To be better, together.”
We commit to:
Having an ambitious culture which enables self-confidence and aspiration in everyone in our family, child or adult
Having a highly connected, growing and flourishing GST community where everyone is known, diversity is valued and highly effective, responsive services are shared.
Serving our community by developing an enriching and exciting social, emotional, spiritual and cultural educational provision; driving high quality learning for all.
Jesus said “I came that they may have life and have it to the full.” John 10 v10.
Jesus The Good Shepherd, embodies values which guide our work and relationships, including:
Our values will be lived out by all our people in every aspect of our work, including our behaviours, policies and decision-making.
What makes us unique?
We create an effective climate for learning by:
- enabling children to know that they are uniquely valued
- providing a secure environment in which they can learn
- creating a clearly established framework of values
- offering children, whatever their faith or background, the opportunity to wrestle with life’s ‘big questions’
- modelling Christian community life where all have a place and can contribute.
We set standards of excellence in teaching and learning
We acknowledge that high expectations raise aspirations of pupils and their communities and believe that professional development of staff and school leaders is central to this.
We offer a curriculum and learning environment relevant to our learners
In addition to high standards in the core curriculum this also includes learning experiences which stimulate, challenge and inspire.
We build strong and effective partnerships with parents and the local and wider community because:
- the engagement of parents/carers is vital to children’s educational achievements
- church schools are rooted in the local parish and wider church networks which provide practical and prayerful support for their schools
- children’s personal development grows through membership of community and enables them to become contributing citizens