Our NPQ Training Offer
We deliver the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML) and National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders (NPQSL) in partnership with Ambition Institute.
Each NPQ – regardless of level – covers seven leadership behaviours and competencies:
|Commitment||Strategy and Improvement|
|Collaboration||Leading with Impact|
|Personal Drive||Teaching and Curriculum|
|Awareness||Managing Resources and Risk|
|Integrity||Working in Partnership|
In order to complete your chosen NPQ you will be required to:
- Attend all training sessions and any other requirements set out by the provider.
- Complete an in-school project and submit a write-up of this project (showing how, through completion of this project, you have evidenced the required competencies and behaviours).
- This project must last for at least two terms.
- The NPQML and NPQSL require completion of one project only.
- You must submit your write-up and all evidence within 18 months of the start of your programme.
Please see the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework for more detail about your chosen NPQ, including assignments and placements.
To support you in the completion of your chosen NPQ our offer includes as standard:
- Expert-designed curriculum, content and resources which align to the required leadership behaviours and competencies, provided by Ambition Institute
- Minimum18 hours of face-to-face, facilitated training delivered over at least two terms (but no more than 18 months)
- Two 360° reviews (at the beginning and end of the programme)
- Option of a Viva
- A network of peers and relevant experts
- Assessment support and full assessment of your final submission
- Trained and quality assured facilitators of whom at least 50% are serving school leaders
For full details about each NPQ and the application process, please see: